The Greeks certainly knew their stuff when it came to all aspects of health and wellbeing. The ancient Greek philosopher Hippocrates once said, ‘Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food’. Another wise old Greek, Aristotle, made countless observations of nature, especially plants and their value in nourishing and healing. And Plato once said ‘The Gods created certain kinds of beings to replenish our bodies; they are the trees and the plants and the seeds.’
One of the most revered of nature’s foods was bee pollen. It was called ambrosia, or the life giving dust and was used, amongst other things, as a tonic to boost energy and enhance libido.
Aphrodite and Eros may have been the Greek Gods of love, but bee pollen was the magical elixir of sexual health, and it still is today.
Bee pollen is a powerful superfood which has been scientifically documented and proven as a resource for general physical and sexual health in both men and women. Its nutritional properties are astounding. It happens to be packed with all the vitamins and minerals that support a healthy sex drive and keep sexual organs in top working order – such as antioxidants, vitamin E, iron, zinc, magnesium, selenium, rutin just to name a few.
- Bee pollen is also packed with zinc. Zinc and sex drive are powerfully linked, and this natural libido booster is packed with zinc, making it an incredible super food for men’s sex lives.
- Studies at The University of Sarajevo in Yugoslavia found bee pollen effective in treating impotence in men between 20 and 52 years of age. After just one month of using pollen, the majority showed improvement in their sex lives.
- Bee pollen has a dramatic effect on sperm count and increased fertility. Results of tests showed that sperm swam faster, were more viable and lasted longer.
- One particular problem that affects many men and their sexual health is prostate inflammation, and this often happens as men reach middle age. Enlarged prostates cause all kinds of problems, including pain and burning that can make sex very painful and undesirable. Honey bee pollen eases the pain of inflammation and helps to shrink the prostate, making sex enjoyable again.
- Severe menstrual problems and the unpleasant symptoms of menopause can often affect a woman’s sex life. Taking bee pollen every day has been shown to ease and control these problems.
- Another study showed that a high percentage of post-menopausal women and women with hysterectomies reported renewed enjoyment of sex with their husbands after taking bee pollen.
- There’s nothing like lack of energy to adversely affect libido. As well as containing powerful antioxidants, the predigested sugar in bee pollen is rapidly turned into glycogen in the bloodstream, nourishing muscle cells and tissues. The other vitamins and minerals help provide sustained energy, and coming from a 100% natural source, you will never experience the unpleasant ‘highs and lows’ which come from quick fix energy enhancers like caffeine.
- For many women, weight problems are an issue that can affect sexual desire. Bee pollen is known to increase the metabolism of your body, making it capable of burning more calories than usual. Pollen can also control appetite and hunger, and thanks to the lecithin in pollen, you are less likely to regain weight after losing it. Lecithin is also responsible for flushing out fat cells
- For women with fertility problems trying to conceive, pollen has been shown to increase levels of oestrogen, which stimulates ovarian function.
For both men and women, stress and the busy lives we lead can be detrimental to a healthy sex life. Increased energy is one of the many benefits of taking bee pollen. Bee pollen also has a full complement of amino acids, essential fatty acids and important vitamins and minerals that help enhance mood and fight stress.
There’s no need to allow sexual problems to put your physical, emotional and mental health in jeopardy. A simple, natural solution is to follow the advice of the all-knowing Greeks and let ‘food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food’. Rather than ignore the problems, or suffer silently, add a daily dose of bee pollen into your diet and you can become the modern day God or Goddess of love.